Sunday, October 16, 2011

What makes them so angry?

Post by Nancy

So many stories… as we stand on the side of the road praying for the end of abortion people stop by, some full of joy as they show us their newborn baby, some seeking answers for the meaning behind the struggle their newborn is having in intensive care, others burdened with guilt and remorse over the child they aborted in their youth… with a mixture of intense joy and sorrow we humbly seek God’s forgiveness for the bloodshed in our land and plead for His intervening hand to come and heal our land.


There are other stories… but these people don’t stop, they are mostly young women, they are full of hatred and demonstrate their anger in many different forms. I stand and watch and I ask myself, what makes them so angry? If we were praying to stop the killing of unwanted puppies would they be so angry? I think not. So what is it? What is it about the praying to end the killing of human babies that brings out such evil?


Romans 1:18a comes to my mind, “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness”. People are attempting to suppress the truth and as we stand and pray people are faced with truth and they don’t like it. It is the truth that incites their anger. What if these young women have had an abortion and realized that they were told a lie? Each one realizing it was a lie only when she felt the anguish of her child as he/she died a cruel death at her hand. Now that truth must be suppressed, it is too painful to acknowledge. My heart aches for them, the pain they must be suffering, no wonder they are angry.


The saddest thing of all is that the Truth they are suppressing is the very Truth that can set them free. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life (John 14:6). Jesus says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:28-29) That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9). Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” and So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed”(John 8:32,36).


If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:14.

1 comment:

  1. As for anger, it came in a rather new way on my very 1st day on these 40Days for Life, i.e. the 2nd Day from 7 to 9... We heard an angry scream from a woman's voice apparently coming from the corner of Mountain Rd. on CBC's side of the street, it kept coming, and soon we could see the shape of that lady with her arms raised. For a while we could not make out what she was saying. She even screamed something to a car's driver turning on Providence St., then she resumed her angry walk toward the hospital. All I could hear her saying was: "I had more than a thousand abortions" and I thought to myself: "Oh-oh!" She kept going, and all I could make out was: "They don't understand"... the poor lady seemed somehow possessed since I doubt very much SHE could have had more than a 1000 abortions. I am surprised that she never attempted to cross the street towards us all the while, so I didn't feel really threatened... she kept going as angrily, still screaming and shouting until she finally got past the hospital entrance... Wow!
    All we needed to do was to keep going and praying quietly, but I wish there had been a priest to perform an exorcism on that poor lady! God help her!
    Denis

    ReplyDelete